July 10, 2021 –
This course provides training as required by the State of Maryland for first-time handgun purchasers. Certain exceptions apply. Does not include Live Scan fingerprinting.
- Handgun nomenclature and operation
- Handgun action types
- Rules for safe firearm handling and use
- Introduction of MD firearms laws
- Fundamentals of handgun shooting
- Selection/Maintenance/Storage of a handgun
- Home Safety
- Application process
- Live fire component (.22 caliber handgun available with 25 rounds of ammo included)
As an added bonus, a BASIC PRACTICAL HANDGUN COURSE (BPHC) will accompany the HQL course, giving you extra practice and qualifying each participant at 3, 7 and 15 yards.
Online ticket sales for this event are closed.