Provides training as required by the State of Maryland for those renewing their Wear & Carry Permit. Full Course Description below.
Course Length: 8 Hours
Time: 9:00am – 5:00 pm
Prerequisites/Requirements: Students must have a valid Wear & Carry Permit.
Students should bring a holster and their own firearm. Otherwise, use of a .22 cal. pistol and a Sticky Holster will be provided (please wear a belt or pants with a sturdy, somewhat tight waistband).
- Overview of MD firearms laws
- Use of lethal force
- “Tactical Mindset” and Situational Awareness
- Application requirements and process
- Dry and Live-Fire Training:
Use of range facilities and .22 cal. handgun, ammo and target included. Students may use their own firearm if they wish – if other than .22 caliber, ammo not included and must be purchased from range to meet insurance requirements.
- Meet procedural safety requirements
- Demonstrate marksmanship skill (a total of 25 rounds at 3, 5, 10 and 15 yards with 70% accuracy rating to pass Live Fire Certification.)
There are no reviews yet.