This class is for woman who are completely new to shooting or who have not shot in a long time, and wish to increase their knowledge of handguns and shooting in a low-pressure and supportive environment. Course is taught by a female NRA Certified Instructor. All students will receive a NRA Basic Pistol Course book and a NRA Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the course. Course fee includes classroom instruction, lane rental charges, use of a .22 caliber pistol, ammo and lunch. Students may use their own handgun if they prefer. If other than .22 caliber, ammo cost will be additional and must be purchased from the range.
Cost: $130 per person
Course Length: 8 Hours
Class time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Handgun nomenclature and operation
- Handgun action types
- Rules for safe firearm handling and use
- Fundamentals of handgun shooting
- Selection/Maintenance/Storage of a handgun
- Home safety
- How to clean your gun
Live Fire Component (Mandatory)
Handgun rental, ammo, target and range time included. Students must:
- Meet procedural safety requirements; and
- Demonstrate marksmanship skill (70% accuracy rating required).